Friday, September 11, 2009

What to Look for in Web Hosting Support

Last week, I met with a client who asked me to design her website two months ago. Actually, I was her second choice. The first web design provider didn’t meet her expectations so she asked for my opinion on the look of her site.

Since I wasn’t that adept in programming but the client liked my design style, we agreed on me doing the pages and another provider would do the programming. Programming involved mail and inquiry management, site visit monitoring among others.

After doing the project and turning it over to the other provider, I asked the client how much they paid for that provider. And I was shocked by her answer. The provider’s rate was too high! The provider told my client that half of his given rate would go to website hosting.

I doubted that. I really believe my client should consider looking for other providers who doesn’t charge that high. She should also know what to look for in web hosting support. Good service? 24/7 technical support? Corrupt-free drives? She should research first before taking the services of providers she just saw in directory ads.

Anyway, the client told me that I will do some updates on her website pages. I will know the details next week and for sure, I will be busy again, as I always am!

2 comments:

Raft3r said...

dapat hindi madaling ma-hack
para di magaya sa malibay blog
hehe

happy weekend, beth!

supportfacility said...

There are many things to be considered while choosing a web hosting technical support company.
Make sure if they can provide 24/7 support with helpdesk and live chat support.