Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Insulated Lunch Tote or What?

Gabby and Sunday doesn’t have classes the whole week because the Department of Education suspended the classes on all levels. The classrooms in National Capital Region and nearby provinces were being used as evacuation centers for people who were left homeless by Typhoon Ondoy.

But instead of being jubilant, my kids said they want to go to school already. They miss their classmates and the idea of being in school. I felt happy hearing that. Some kids would choose to stay home so they can play more but my kids know which is better.

With kids like that, I can’t help but think of ways to reward their love for studying. I am thinking of buying them something they love. Toys, maybe? What about toddler backpack? Nah, they’re too old for that. Nap mats which they can use on their nap times in school? Maybe. Or insulated lunch tote to keep their lunch warm and fresh? Or maybe I should just bring them to the mall with me so I can be sure that they really like what I will buy them. Being understanding kids, I know they won’t buy things Mommy cannot afford!

No comments: