Because I was too busy with work, I wasn't able to drop by any Red Ribbon or Goldilocks store a week before the baptismal date. I thought that ordering cakes is easy. But I was wrong. I learned some lessons about it and here they are:
1. Order a week before the event. Goldilocks and Red Ribbon Bakeshops have a three-day lead time. That will give the bakeshops ample time for baking and decorating your cake, especially if it's a three-layered one.
2. Ask if there are charges for delivery or for other services. Because I was a day late (from the lead time), I decided to order from the Goldilocks branch nearest my office. Since I cannot order their Celebration Cakes anymore, I ordered the cake on display and decided that I would just buy a cake topper and some decors. I requested the staff to put the cake topper just above the greetings. Good thing I asked them if they will charge me on that, because they would! Imagine, just putting the topper on the cake would cost me P75! I decided against it and did it myself instead.
3. Check out other bakeshops. I just ordered from Goldilocks when I remembered there was a Red Ribbon just a block away. Out of curiousity, I still went there and found out that they offer more beautiful cakes, more themes and they're more affordable! Hmm...maybe next time.
4. If you want it delivered, order cakes from a bakeshop of your choice near the venue. It will save you delivery charges and you can be sure that it will be delivered on time and undamaged. Besides, when the delivery is late, you can easily check on them.
5. Be creative. Don't fret when you cannot order the design or theme that you want for your cake. Toppers and other theme-coordinated decors will save the day.
6. Never lose your receipt. Your Baking Order Number is written there. If you call the bakeshop for some changes on designs or names on the greetings, they would ask for that BO number, or your OR number.
Anyway, it's a good thing that I learned a few things on ordering cakes. Next time, I know better. Good thing, too, that I had a part of that baptismal cake and ate it too! Yummy! :)