Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Day Off!

Being a working mom, I tend to get stressed out. The deadline of projects, errands to run, bills to pay and some domestic related matters sometimes, if not always, drain my energy. I can even hear my body shout, “Time Out!”

I believe all moms should have a day off. Or an hour or two off, every week. It’s when you just go out, do what you want to do, or just relax.

Sometime last April, when my sister-in-law and her family stayed at Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I took the chance to check out on Le Spa. I used their facilities, as my SIL’s guest, and tried the jacuzzi and sauna. It was such an experience! The warmth of the water and the gentle back massages it gave relaxed me. The sauna was also relaxing and cleansing. Just like taking your mind off from worries, even for just a moment.

Sauna and jacuzzi of Le Spa

That spa moment had its part two after just a week. Fred and I went to Wensha Spa in Pasay. When I saw that the jacuzzi was kind of crowded, I opted for the massage. The therapist was very good. She hit all the right aching spots and gently eased the tensed nerves. The service was so good that I forgot what type of massage she used on me. I believe it’s Swedish massage. The peppermint oil was so calming that I almost dozed off!

Fred and I eating after the massage. The food was free!

Seriously liking the idea of relaxation, I will now make it part of my regimen. Be it at the comfort of my home, or the massage beds or chairs of a spa, relaxation should help me manage stress and balance work and family life. Day off, anyone? :)

11 comments:

Reena said...

all moms i think deserve a break tlaga. u deserve it! glad you had an enjoyable time off.

Vic said...

hi beth! i've never been to spa. mukha ngang relaxing. sana magkaron ako ng chance one time. hehe..
it's nice to be here again. antagal kong tinamaan ng katamaran sa pag-ba blog. hehe..;)

Raft3r said...

gusto ko rin ng day off!
hehe

riablahgs said...

I can use a massage anytime! Hubby and I are off to Bangkok for a nice rest and relaxation at the spas there. Mura kasi dun eh. Pero pass by muna kami dyan sa Pinas for few days lng para ihatid si unica hija for her summer vacation. Sayang, we could meet sana but I have very little time to go around. Next time I have a long vacation, I'll make it a point to meet you, Niko, Kaye and your other blogger friends too :)

I'm glad you're loving the Pashmina. Madami pa ako nyan dito :)

Unknown said...

waaaaaaaaa..kailangan ko din ng day off!!! kailan kaya yon!..haha

finally, na add ko na ulit ang blog mo...nawala na namn kasi lahat ng bloglists ko dahil bumili ako ng sarili ko ng domain...

very relaxing ang beauty mo dyan sa spa ah!

ferry'zWILL said...

mukha naman talgang nag enjoy ka Mommy Beth, hehehe you deserved it.. reward yourself...!!

Mommy Liz said...

Wow! that's good that you decided to give yourself a day off. dito sa akin, walang day off.dami kasing bata eh, wahhhh! Di ko pa subukan ang magpa massage at sauna.

anney said...

Ang sarap naman! Kami namn ni sis e nagpapa massage once in a while at sauna minsan. Nakakaalis talaga ng pagod

Mylene said...

You deserve it mommy! I am happy to know you had a great time :)

pet said...

hi mommy beth, himala at nag update ka na pala ng blog mo. di ko namamalayan e ako pala ang laging off sa blogging, kamusta ka na at sina gabby and sunday? nakakatuwa naman at nakakapag relax pa rin kayo ni fred kahit medyo bisi ang buhay ano? o sige at ingat na lang lagi, dumaan lang at namasyal

Clarissa said...

My whole body is shouting for a day-off!!\(^0^)/